[SEL] OT-Now looking for blueprint of maypole braider, bank note engraving machine

Leroy C. oldengin at udata.com
Sun Jan 16 08:20:46 PST 2005

Richard Allen wrote:

> Basically put, I want to avoid doing 100’s of hours of
>reinventing what already exists!
>
>About the antique bank note engraving machines (called geometric
>lathes) that generate the delicate mathematical curves used in the
>printed designs, see:
>
>http://www.excourse.com/excentro/index.html
>
>http://www.maa.org/editorial/mathgames/mathgames_02_09_04.html
>
>and a brief biography of the inventor:
>
>http://www.famousamericans.net/cyrusdurand/
>
>I know they aren’t antique engines, but they are antique machines and I
>think you will find them interesting! I want one of those, too, but I
>have a good idea how to build one already.
>
>Richard Allen
>
>___

Gday
ME TOO, MEE TOOO, MEEE TOOOOO!!!!
Listen, this thread is of good interest to me as I love seeing how it
was done before the advent of engins and the process of mechanical items
is still what made us a better place than the caveman era. To be able to
think and try and succeed is good, and I would love to be included in
this building of (HOPE, HOPE) at least two of these braiders. Thanks

--
		C-ya

		  Leroy Clark

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
            W.A. NANCE

better look here--- http://www.oldengine.org/members/lclark