[SEL] OT - road trip info

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 10:36:24 PST 2005

Hi Bill,
I have covered that route as far as the PA Turnpike where it swings south
toward Pittsburgh.  Interstate 80 in Illinois is in pretty good shape.  You will
fine that, when you are towing a trailer your speed limit is 55 mph.  If your
dolly is in the truck, you can run 65 on your way out.  Illinois does have
plenty of state troopers.

The nastiest part of the run is trying to get past Chicago.  Try to avoid the
"rush" hour traffic, and be particularly careful as you are on the East side
of Chicago and have to turn right to follow I 80 as there are some rough spots
there.

This time of year, snow can come off the lake in an instant.  Good luck.

Regards,
Ron Carroll (enjoying 66 degrees F here in Nokesville, Virginia, today)
PS:  You might make it in three days, but I would take four.

In a message dated 1/13/2005 10:39:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,