[SEL] OT - road trip info

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu Jan 13 07:30:36 PST 2005

I'm thinking of buying a car in CT.
Nothing certain and even if I try, no guarentee I'd get it, however, I'm
trying to plan.
I've used MAPQUEST and it states that from Runnells to Broad Brook,
Connecticut is nearly 19 hours. Their path is mostly I80 - meaning the
terrible rough roads through ILL and the toll roads along the way.

Wondering if anyone here has actually driven from CT to the Iowa area and
can tell me if it is indeed 19 hours and if I80 is the best path from here
to PENN (where MAPQUEST switches me to I believe I81?)

Wondering what sort of time to plan on, miles, and with a 3/4 ton 4x4, gas
usage. (can figure once I know miles based on probably 12 to 13 mpg)
I'm hoping a person could drive there, dolly the car and drive back in
about 3 days, allowing for potty stops, filling dual gas tanks, etc.

(I'm also hoping I can talk my son or someone into going along for comic
releif)

bilL
Runnells, Iowa