[SEL] OT - car question and favor.....

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Tue Jan 11 10:36:20 PST 2005

Not related to SE's, however at this time, it probably is.

I'm considering a 1970 Mark Donohue Javelin on eBay that's located in
Broad Brook, Connecticut.

Is there anyone here in that neighborhood?
I don't think it's worth flying out there to take a look and tha auction
ends in FOUR days, so time is _everything_ here.

I'd like to know what it really looks like, condition of seats and
interior, tires, clutch, etc. Is there rust in the trunk or floor or
around the back glass?
(fenders and doors can be replaced)
..........if anyone is willing to help me out, that is........

So far, the price is "ok" for what can be seen on a computer screen but I
suspect it will rise very quickly very soon......... AMC people tend to
wait then bid crazy high prices - and these MD's are quite rare cars.

Maybe someday I can return the favor, now that we are no longer tied down
with a quilt store...................

Bill Dickerson
Runnells, IA (in the ice belt of the US)