[SEL] SAFETY AND SECURITY PROGRAM OFFERED BY MICROSOFT

Brian Taylor brianne at ultratune.com.au
Mon Jan 10 16:56:45 PST 2005

Hi Guys
There is a new Beta Spyware programme from Microsoft.
(XP or later only)  http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/product

I have downloaded and run this programme and it found 1 item on my computer(put there by Kodak software as part of it's installation)
It was not a high threat item, but I feel that I should have the option when installing software as to what info goes out from my computer.
It will be interesting to see what it finds on YOUR computer.
I have been running Nortons Anti-Virus  + Zone Alarm for some time now and I feel that this is why my computer is relatively clean.
The download is 6meg approx.
When you go to the site, it needs to validate that you have a legal copy of Windows XP etc. before you can download.
Brian Taylor
Hervey Bay Historical Museum
13 Zephyr St..Scarness
Web Site: http://herveybaymuseum.museum.com/welcome.html