[SEL] O.T. Chatting via Skype

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 10 03:09:18 PST 2005

After a bit of gentle nudging (OK a phone call from the USA asking why I
have not got my act together) I have finally bought headset for my computer
and installed Skype.
After a couple of false starts I had a nice chat with Dave Croft in England
and with Curt Andree in the USA. We then had a conference call where we were
talking about engines (and other stuff) between three continents. There was
a slight delay on the conference call but the distances involved are pretty
amazing. And how much did all this talking to each other cost (apart from my
purchase of a headset)? Nothing!!
What a great way to be in contact with your engine mates from around the
world, even if they talk with funny accents :)

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pml/