[SEL] [AT] Charity auction

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Wed Jan 5 08:00:31 PST 2005

Ok Guys, I think it's about time for everyone to go out to where you
keep your engines and spend a couple of hours spinning the flywheels of
your 'hardest to start' engine.  It sounds like it's time to burn up
some of this 'cabin fever' energy, otherwise our Flame Mistress may be
too busy.

Gary

lightningrod wrote:
> peter ogborne wrote:
>
>> ''lightning rod''.........interesting slant on things that you have !So
>> charity really begins at home with you . I am sure that you are on
>> your own
>> with your bigoted comments and that your fellow country men would no
>> doubt
>> shudder at your crassness and insular attitude.
>> A point to think about ...the US is the strongest power in the world,
>> do you
>> really need help from lesser powers.But if you are inteligent enough to
>> perhaps inquire you will find that many countries helped and are still
>> helping your war on terror in Iraq. Countries like Portugal, Spain ,
>> Australia ,Japan ,UK, Italy ,many of the eastern block countries[ as
>> you are
>> no doubt a very blinkered person you may have to get out an atlas to see
>> where these countries are] .As a reminder my country supplied fire
>> fighters
>> for your fires in California.

>>> 2004? No help. How about the hurricanes in Florida this last year? No
>>> help. Floods in the south this year? No help.War on terror? A little
>>> help, but mostly a slap in the face. When did any other Country help the
>>> US? They must have, at some point.....No,they didn't help US, we went to
>>> war for THEM!
>>>
>>> Tsunami....yeah, a tragedy,a real disaster.OK, Japan kicked in 20 Mil,
>>> that was nice....How much is China giving? Who? What? ....and Russia?
>>> Faghettabottit.

> OK,I'm a Bigot.Thanks for the firefighting help,I was making a general
> statement, not trying to get into a microcosm of the entire history of
> who helped who. IN GENERAL, the U.S.A. has done far more for other
> countries than was ever suggested. A natural disaster happens, the U.S.
> is expected to fix it, in fact; it is somehow our fault. I sure am happy
> I'm not as intelligent as you.

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.