[SEL] [AT] Charity auction

lightningrod guitronics at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 04:09:08 PST 2005

peter ogborne wrote:

>''lightning rod''.........interesting slant on things that you have !So
>charity really begins at home with you . I am sure that you are on your own
>with your bigoted comments and that your fellow country men would no doubt
>shudder at your crassness and insular attitude.
>A point to think about ...the US is the strongest power in the world, do you
>really need help from lesser powers.But if you are inteligent enough to
>perhaps inquire you will find that many countries helped and are still
>helping your war on terror in Iraq. Countries like Portugal, Spain ,
>Australia ,Japan ,UK, Italy ,many of the eastern block countries[ as you are
>no doubt a very blinkered person you may have to get out an atlas to see
>where these countries are] .As a reminder my country supplied fire fighters
>for your fires in California.

OK,I'm a Bigot.Thanks for the firefighting help,I was making a general
statement, not trying to get into a microcosm of the entire history of
who helped who. IN GENERAL, the U.S.A. has done far more for other
countries than was ever suggested. A natural disaster happens, the U.S.
is expected to fix it, in fact; it is somehow our fault. I sure am happy
I'm not as intelligent as you.