[SEL] [AT] Charity auction

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 23:06:19 PST 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:18:04 -0500, you wrote:

>My $0.02... Where was the world when 9/11 hit US? Dancing in the
>streets. No help.What about the Forest fires during the drought before
>2004? No help. How about the hurricanes in Florida this last year? No
>help. Floods in the south this year? No help.War on terror? A little
>help, but mostly a slap in the face. When did any other Country help the
>US? They must have, at some point.....No,they didn't help US, we went to
>war for THEM!
>
>Tsunami....yeah, a tragedy,a real disaster.OK, Japan kicked in 20 Mil,
>that was nice....How much is China giving? Who? What? ....and Russia?
>Faghettabottit.

Politicising the problem won't help anyone, and by the way, a lot of countries
including the UK and Australia have helped and are still helping the US in Iraq
and other hotspots around the world.

We need to keep this thread focussed on the immediate question that Spencer
raised in his original post, not drift away into politics and unrelated matters.

Peter