[SEL] [AT] Charity auction

George Best George_Best at adp.com
Mon Jan 3 15:46:30 PST 2005

I agree with John.

While the tsunami damage is tremendous and has the attention of the
whole world, we shouldn't forget the groups that have received funds
from us in the past. Some of the groups like the Tod engine project
don't have the benefit of countries trying to out do each other in their
amount of giving.

There aren't other organizations donating money to them and cutting them
off doesn't seem right to me.

We all have plenty of opportunities to donate to the various tsunami
relief organizations. Hijacking this years donations and redirecting
them to the tsunami aid isn't the only way to help.

The charity auction has already suffered this year by lack of items
being listed and buyers. (I know I'm guilty this year, I've donated in
the past and have bought in the past but just couldn't get excited about
it this year) Changing the recipient of the donations to a world cause,
is kind of getting away from what I thought the intent of the charity
auction was.

George
Add me to the grouch list ;-)