[SEL] Neat Engine Photo on Ebay

lightningrod guitronics at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 14:07:01 PST 2005

Luke Tonneberger wrote:

> Thought some of you would enjoy seeing this old photo I ran across on
> Ebay.  Any ideas on a manufacturer?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14279&item=6143306474&rd=1
>

> Luke Tonneberger
> Rockford, Michigan
> USA

My guess it's a prototype Belsaw, with the "Run Flat" tire option;
(compressed air and rubber tires, and tubes and good glue were hard to
come by back then...WAY too much trouble).

Looks like it is (was) powered by an  early hand-assembled 'P-Type', 60
degree, steam; Wankel. These were lubricated by 'wick' oiling at the
bottom of the piston and crank with mineral oil.

The mineral oil was mixed into the boiler water for the upper cylinder.