[SEL] [AT] Charity auction

jfgrant jfgrant at triton.net
Mon Jan 3 09:48:27 PST 2005

Spencer & List Members.
 At the risk of being labeled a "Grouch" I would say that we really need to
think about Spencer's motion. Traditionally we have supported local needs
and while I know there are tremendous needs resulting from the Tsunami, the
needs in local areas have not gone away.
 I fear that many if not most of the local needs will be passed over or
forgotten in light of the new need.
 We as a Nation are already contributing much $$$ which is fine and great
but we as a small organization and other small groups are what fund many of
the local needs and the Government does not fund these worthwhile small
charities.
Just My Thoughts. I will support what ever the group decides.
  Respectfully,  John Grant