[SEL] Did they ever make?

Ron Frost, Kersey, PA ron217_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 03:36:20 PST 2005

Yep, they did, and that's what I'm looking for except a small one. Say about half the size of one in a B or H. What I want it for is, I'm building a half scale B . It will use 16" rear tires and is about 5" long. Just half the size of a B. I got a Tacmusha 10 HP in it right now but it would be better if I could find one with the 2 cyl horizontal configuration. I chose the Tacumsha vertical because of the overhead valve design looks somewhat like the John Deere engine. Especially when I get a dummy flywheel and belt pulley on it. The biggest problem I'm running into is trying to get the half size tractor to fit a full size person and still be operational.  As an example, the seat size can't be reduced to half size. and the leg room. My legs and feet will extend out past the engine and flywheel.
I wonder why John Deere's don't fire evenly. I think they are 90 degrees from eachother which means they fire say at 0 degrees then the other cylinder fires at 90 degrees, then it wouldn't fire again for 630 degrees ??? 360 X 2 = 720 - 90 for the second cylinder = 630 . So it would fire 0 , 90, 630 , 720.  Love the sound of one running at  slow speed.  You just can't duplicate that sound with any other type of engine.
Enough
Ron

George & Norma Armstrong <gnarmstrong at netnitco.net> wrote:
Ron,
John Deere made just such an engine for years and they also put them into
a tractor. George