[SEL] Re: Secure Pictures and Manuals

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:02:09 PST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:23:53 +0000, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have been trying out a few things today, and our friend Tim in
> California suggested that we use pdfFactoryPro from Fineprint.com.
>
> I have bought the programme to try out, and have put up a trial
> picture on the net to see what can be done with it, or not as the case
> may be.
>
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/venn4.pdf
>
> In theory, it should NOT be possible to edit/change/amend the picture,
> but I'd like you guys to try your best to see what you can come up
> with. It wasn't a particularly small image to start with, so dial-up
> guys may want to leave this one alone until we get a smaller one to
> play with. It isn't huge, just a bit bigger than normal!
>
> Let me have any comments on what you can see/do please.
>
> Peter

Well, that was an interesting experience!!

The general consensus seems to be that the protection as advertised
doesn't do what it should, and most folks have been able to easily get
into the file and either change it or grab the image.

I have emailed the company concerned to see if they have any answers
and will report back as soon as I get a response.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com