[SEL] Re: Literature on Old Engine - Ethics Question

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Sat Feb 26 15:00:35 PST 2005

At 04:12 PM 2/26/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Jeff,
>
>On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Jeff Allen wrote:
>
> > I won't buy a reprint and put it online. I don't think that is ethical
> > because I didn't do the work.
>
>That is EXACTLY what I referred to.  Those two items are Ed Deis' reprints
>as shown by his catalog numbers on the front of the items.  Starbolt
>identifies his reprints on the back.  I don't know how Lee Pederson
>identifies his.See ya,  Arnie
>
>Arnie Fero

No Arnie, The reprint IS NOT Ed's. he sold it to someone. At that point
ownership traded hands. What the new owner does with the reprint is HIS
alone to decide. What "right" do you have to tell the new owner what he can
(or can not do) ethically with the material he bought and paid for?
         Dave
PS, With this "ethical" talk one would think that you want to be elected
Pope as soon as the sitting one becomes room temperature!