[SEL] Creating Antique Patina - Reverse Electrolysis

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Thu Feb 24 17:15:17 PST 2005

This is interesting, because in recent days I've learned on the Tube
Collectors Association mailing list that the tube manufacturers learned
from experience that they had to ban women at certain times of the
month from working with the fine iron wire used in barretter or
"ballast" tubes. Their perspiration was too corrosive. Another member
reported that AWA in Australia encountered the same problem with the
fine wire in wireless coils. Another wondered if that meant that ALL
the women in the plant eventually got a monthly holiday due to the
common phenomenon of cycle synchronization.

John

On Feb 24, 2005, at 9:45 AM, bill at antique-engines.com wrote:

> 'tis true - and some electronics companies used to ban women from
> assembly
> line when pregnant or during certain other times because of increased
> acids on the skin. It had an affect, according to them, on the fine
> componant connections and finishes.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA