[SEL] Patterns #4

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Feb 22 07:19:42 PST 2005

This page is on the making of a Stickney fuel pump. This was by far the
most difficult of the patterns and making it spanned 4 months. Initially
I was planning on just making it solid with no core for the inside, to
avoid all the work of making a core box. Little did I know I would end
of having to make a core box to shape a portion of the outside! It took
me a long time to understand why the corebox was needed and even longer
to understand the negative draft problem that existed in the core box.
Thanks to the patience of pattern maker/friend Al Owens I finally saw
the light.
Hope you enjoy.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/PatternMaking/FuelPump/Thumbnails.html

Curt Holland