[SEL] rear tool post...deviates!!!!

Jim and Diane jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Mon Feb 21 19:02:16 PST 2005

Just thought of another big advantage of a rear cut off.  The chips fall out
and do not pile up on the top of the tool.  If a chip gets down the side of
the tool it acts like a wedge and in some cases the tool will be broken or
the work piece wrecked or both.  Certainly nothing special about a rear cut
off tool, been in use for at least 100 years.

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
Hemet, CA
jd.kirkes at verizon.net