[SEL] sorta O/T but safety related and bizarre

R and E Freeman plb at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 21 18:30:03 PST 2005

Rick,I also notice it was one of those brass or bronze? balls. I never used
them since I had the bolt on one snap on me. I found that over time the
mounting face distorts from the towing force so that its not flat. What
happens then is that it starts flexing the bolt which eventually breaks from
fatigue. I now use only good quality steel ones.

Ray Freeman

Portable Line Boring
http://www.plb.iinet.net.au
plb at plb.iinet.net.au