[SEL] Re: Airbags - Helpers

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 16:42:22 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/21/2005 9:26:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fero_ah at city-net.com writes:

I put a  set of these on my Jeep Wrangler.  VAST improvement!
It's a much  happier vehicle riding level.  Does a lot for MY piece of  mind
too.

My buddy who installed the airbags on his Ford pickup tells me that  the
reason he didn't go with the air shock is that they place a large load on  the
shock interface studs/bolts.  As a result, these bolts become a failure  point.
The airbag installation has brackets which fasten to the frame and  the rear
axle housing with the airbag going between these brackets.  The  shocks still
operate as originally designed.

Francis Maciel
Santa Maria, CA