[SEL] rear tool post...deviates!!!!

Prepair Ltd prepair at easynet.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 08:10:21 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:11:22 -0500, you wrote:

>Peter,
>
>> the main idea being that they don't lift the headstock
>>shaft when cutting metal as they are on the other side of the job
>>compared with the normal turning tool.
>>

>Peter & Peter,
>OK I'll bite, how are parting forces different than regular turning
>forces? Both exert the same tendence to lift the headstock. But is this
>a problem? I've seen a few of the back parting setups mentioned and just
>figured it was a time saving thing....eliminating a tool change. You got
>my curiosity up.
>Curt Holland
>Gastonia, NC

There's a picture of our Ward 2A tool slide with the slot for the rear
toolholder visible but no toolpost fitted:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Ward/Ward7.jpg

We just picked up a load of Ward 2C stuff on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3870262613

There's a couple of conventional chucks, one 3-jaw and one 2-jaw which
we haven't got at present, plus a box of collets, 2 X 4-way toolposts
and a load of tooling.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes