[SEL] O.T. Computer Question

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Sun Feb 20 11:40:12 PST 2005

Check in device manager, modem properties and make sure that it's not set to
allow the OS to power the modem down to save energy.
Some dummy at Microsoft decided it was ok to power down modems and network
cards after a period to save power - yeah, right - how much power can a
modem or network card take.

Bill