[SEL] rear tool post...deviates!!!!

Prepair Ltd prepair at easynet.co.uk
Sun Feb 20 04:28:50 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:49:28 +0800, you wrote:

>For those of you with out the imagination of some of the deviates
>.........what i want to do is make a rear tool post so that i can part off
>with out the normal stress involved, ie'' part off ''a term used in
>turning,ie ''Turning '' ....using a lathe....the tool is upside down
>.............Christ this is like explaining the rules of Cricket to
>Americans.
>Jack Watson has come to the rescue
>Peter Ogborne

Which is why I asked what it was to fit.....

Have replied off-list to your direct email.

We have four ward Capstan lathes which all have rear toolposts for
parting off, the main idea being that they don't lift the headstock
shaft when cutting metal as they are on the other side of the job
compared with the normal turning tool.

We just bought a job lot of ward 2C stuff on ebay from a company that
was closing, got two chucks, a lot of collets and more tooling.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK