[SEL] Spyware Removal Software?

Prepair Ltd prepair at easynet.co.uk
Sun Feb 20 02:39:37 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:30:31 -0600, you wrote:

>I use firefox almost exclusively.
>I have it on this notebook as well as desktop machine. It's faster and more
>secure and the add-ins you can get for it are awsome! Do a search for
>add-ins, they are free and add a lot of function.
>The browser doesn't put a lot of crap in your OS, it's "light-weight".
>Professional web developers prefer it because it's STANDARDS COMPLIANT and
>an excellent way to test new web development. IE is NOT standards compliant
>(go figure)
>
>Bill

We've been using Opera for some years now, and are pretty happy with
it. We did use Firefox while at Tim's in San Jose last year, and
downloaded a copy to try, but it seemed lacking in features compared
with Opera so it hasn't gone forward from that initial trial. We have
it here at work and on the network at home.

One of the 'funnies' that I did notice with Opera is that they refuse
to have ActiveX as part of the browser for security reasons, so when
we got our Gmail invite the other evening, we had to revert to IE to
set up the account and use it. Even IE wouldn't work with Gmail until
we loaded the very latest updates from Microsnot, and that update is
February 2005, not an old one as we run the Windows updates
automatically.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes