[SEL] Spyware Removal Software?

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Sat Feb 19 10:52:38 PST 2005

Have you tried the latest version of Spybot S&D? Last I saw it was in beta.
It works pretty well.
Microsoft has a freebie and I read recently when it's out of beta it's
supposed to remain free, too.

Hate to tell ya but NO anti-spyware I've tested to date will get them all -
and I don't see that happening really soon, either. But SB S&D has been
over-all the highest I've tried to date. Sure, there's bound to be something
it misses, but its percentages are good.

The Spyware folks have more motivation and resources than virus creators and
are working as hard as ever to get to your computer. There's big, no HUGE
dollars at stake.

In fact one type is so terrible that many have given up attempting to keep
up with it and about the only surefire way to remove it is cwshredder. It's
so nasty I've seen it pull tricks with an operating system I didn't even
know were possible. It appears neither did some of the spyware remover

Bill