[SEL] oil wicking OT?

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 18:13:51 PST 2005

Hi Leroy,
When I was but a lad in high school, my math teacher showed me his setup for
reclaiming used motor oil. He was wicking it up and over the top of a bucket
using kerosene lamp wick.  He had a little chute he had built to keep it from
running down the outside of the bucket.  It dripped into another container and
the wicked oil did look clearer than the oil remaining in the bucket.  The
process was very slow.  I would suggest you go for something like the toilet
paper filter system so you can process more oil more quickly.

Regards,
Ron Carroll
Clearmont, Missoui, USA