[SEL] Business Cards

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 13:17:16 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:29:02 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Probably true, but then I'm not as good as you so don't do things as
>well....... although we did get a lot of compliments on the cards and
>graphics.
>

>> What I've found over the years is that business cards made on a computer
>> look like------well, they look like they are made on a computer. I can get
>> 1,000 business cards printed professionally for under $30.00---and they
>> DON'T look like some kid made them on a computer!
>>          Dave
>> PS, Add up all your expenses (paper, ink, etc.) and your time and I'll bet
>> I've got a better deal--and a hell of a lot better looking card!

I think I'd agree with Dave here..... :-))

While we did our own setting and layout in Pagemaker, we sent the file on CD to
our local printer who made the plate up and printed off a 1000 for about £17.50
plus tax.

We included a nice coloured graphic of a Ruston & Hornsby horizontal on the
card, and we made it from a decent bit of material, semi-gloss card which is
0.015" thick. I think Dave commented on the thickness of the card when I gave
him one at Portland last year (read into that what you may!)

The cards are 3.75" X 2.375" in size and 3-colour. Pagemaker is a
typesetting/publishing programme that used to be owned by Aldus, but they got
bought out by Adobe some years ago. It is a very good programme and worth
locating a copy if you do club newsletters and that sort of thing. The output
files are handled by most publishing houses.

Would be happy to help folks out if they need any input on 'how to'.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email: diesel at easynet.co.uk