[SEL] OT - new toy (will be stationary much of the time.......)

chuck emsweller clemsweller at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 19:32:52 PST 2005

Nice set of wheels!

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of
bill at antique-engines.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:04 PM
To: The SEL email discussion list
Subject: Re: [SEL] OT - new toy (will be stationary much of the
time.......)

Agreed on the coil wiring - cheap crimp on ends, it WILL be replaced
with
a more professional wiring job. Similar for the dealer installed rear
window defogger - the switch is below dash with nasty looking wiring
job.

Well, about 2.5 times................ plus the parts I'm gathering for
the
restoration and fixin' up........... picked up a group 19 dual point
distributor for it (meaning it was a factory performance option)
MAY convert to electronic, however.

The worst part will probably be getting the headliner replaced/repaired.
The fabric has sagged from the backing - a common problem with those
early
ones.
Common, heck, almost ALL did it.

Bill