[SEL] RUSTY RUNS

Jerry Evans jerrye at cyberserv.co.za
Wed Feb 9 10:37:41 PST 2005

Hi All,
	At about 12.30 am (Central African Time) on 15 February 2005 "Rusty" (my
1949 Ruston & Hornsby PT - <www.oldengine.org/members/evans/rusty.jpg>)
coughed and spluttered his way back to life. This followed about 10 minutes
of cranking and then about half an hour of "cranking and cussing" then
another half an hour of "cussing and cranking" (notice that the "cussing"
in the 2nd half hour took precedence). Thereafter I decided to use Justin
Ludewig's philosophy and explained to "Rusty" in no uncertain terms that he
was destined to become "just another few kilogrammes of molten metal at
that big furnace in Vanderbijlpark" (ISCOR or The South African Iron And
Steel CORporation for those of you not local).

	When he realised that I was serious - he suddenly sprang to life and ran
beautifully for about 3 hours (using about 300 ml of petrol per hour -
which is much slower than the rate at which I consume "Brandy & Coke" when
I am excited.)

	He ran beautifully - about 500 rpm - never missing a beat. His sound,
initially, was very quiet (almost like the hissing of my Broom & Wade
Compressor)

	Or like a "Poofter" farting - "poof" - "poof" - "poof".

	I discovered that his silencer (original Ruston & Hornsby)  was totally
clogged up and that he was only "farting" through 1 hole. After cleaning
the other 3 holes he really started sounding like an engine and ran for the
rest of of the time without a hiccup.

	He boiled the water in his tank ( a smallish fire extinguisher bottle)
after 2 hours so I stuck the hosepipe in and slowly ran cold water into the
tank which brought things back to normal.

	I ran out of Brandy before he ran out of petrol so stopped him and
proceeded to write this mail.
Best regards
Jerry Evans

Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery   ----- The lower cost Data Recovery
Alternative !
We recover your LOST DATA resulting from Hard Drive Failure / Virus attack
/ Accidental or Malicious Deletion of files, Reformatting or Partition Loss
(FDISK).
We also retrieve lost passwords for most popular programmes.
			Visit our site:
		 	http://www.databak.co.za
			Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery
			Tel. +27 16 365-5787