[SEL] New Iron Find

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sun Feb 13 16:12:41 PST 2005

I should point out that the heavy flywheels on my ZC 52 were normal for
the special oilfield model, and were first brought out on engines
specially meant to power generators. The main difference between the
generator and oilfield models is the "dry radiator" enabling long
running unattended. It simply recondenses steam boiled out of the
hopper.

Yep, I've got an oilfield engine. And I move it around by myself. Pull
it over to one side when I want to run the lawnmower through where it
sits, then I push it back. Even took it for a walk around the
neighborhood once, running. Some of my neighbors didn't quite
understand that, but I pulled it up the road 1/4 mile or so where a
neighbor lives who's into mechanical stuff and suitably enjoyed seeing
a chugging, blue-smoking engine on a cart pulled into his driveway.

Try that with your Bessemer when you get it running, Arnie!

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA