[SEL] Belt driven pump

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sun Feb 13 07:50:02 PST 2005

Howdy all;
  Well in my qwest for "owning it all," yesterday Kathy and I drove up north
to look at what the owner said was a water pump with belt pulley.  Of course
I thot Pump and Jack, but after 100 miles behind us I was looking at a HUGE
domestic centrifugal ??? ( Looks like a forge blower) water pump over two
feet tall and it did have a nice belt pulley that I'd guess at 10".  He said
it was used to flood irrigate his crops in the ole days and was belted up to
the old Case.  Well he never mentioned on the phone that it was still
connected at the flanges which I'd guess were 4" pipes.  So I paid the guy
the resonable asking price and headed home.  Return trip with tools
scheduled soon.

  Nice road trip but woke up this morning thinking: "What the hell am I
going to do with this?"

Any suggestions??  I would swag this as HVLP.

TIA
RickinMt.
http://community.webshots.com/user/stroberc