[SEL] OT (Maybe) - Home Workshops & Equipment

Steve Royster steve_royster at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 15:59:31 PST 2005

Hi all,  I've always had a good shop full of mechanics tools and a fair
woodworking shop, but when I got into rusty iron I started working on a
machine shop to play with. Several years ago I picked up an old Southbend
lathe cheep at the Florida flywheelers swapmeet. Then I discovered it's the
accessories that get ya!  Of course  I had to have tools, bits, mics, quick
change tool holders,chucks,boring bars, tool grinders, diamond wheels, and
the list goes on. Just recently I found a deal on a milling machine and
guess what, Its the same darned thing. Now I need more cutters, and tools,
and and every kind of holding device you can think of, Then you can add
power feeds and on and on until happiness really sets in.         BUT, I'm
having fun in the warm shop when its 3 degrees outside and the wind is
howling. and  its two months till the show season starts.    BTW after John
Hammick's pictures of his nice clean shop .... ain't no way I'm gonna show
pictures of my shop.  See  everyone at Portland, Steve Royster