[SEL] More Engine Colours

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 11 20:57:44 PST 2005

Some more colours (off the top of my head):
Austral Oil Engines: Gloss Black, Green, Gray, Red
Ronaldson-Tippett Type N: Almost any colour depending on the customer and
what name they were sold under but mainly Green, Red or Black
Rosebery (including Buzacott): mainly green but other colours depending on
what name they were sold under e.g. Champions are mainly gray
Challenge: Green, Blue, Maroon
Fairbanks-Morse: mostly green (but with some red Jack-of-all-Trades engines
here in Oz)
Stover: Green but some earlier engines are red or red & green
Bartram: Black
Massey-Harris: Orangey-Red
Blackstone: green
Root & VanDervoort: Green (but early engines are maroon)
Fuller & Johnson: Green (but again early engines are maroon)
Of course the colours varied a lot and I am pretty sure many of the
manufacturers and distributors would give you any almost any colour you
wanted if sales were slow ;)

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html