[SEL] The new GEM/question to ALL SEL!

Ted Brookover ignitors at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 11 09:55:04 PST 2005

> Actually.... If we all wanted to help Peg, the biggest help would be to
> get SEL back to life again.  It seems the "slick" list gets more
> postings than the SEL list, but the "slick" list isn't appropriate for
> GEM articles ;-)

All Right George! I believe you hit the nail on the head, I took the time
look back on the past 5 days, what I found was this.

There were a total of 88 SEL postings, (I think I weeded out all the
multiples that defeat my filter and come from the guy's that are way too
busy to address a separate one to each of the two lists and use therefore cc
to the second one.

Of the 88 messages, 39 were clearly "Off Topic", though only 25 of them were
so marked, "Hey if you don't like it when I laugh at the rules *&%&% You !"

Of the remaining 62 ( lets see, yup, that's 12.4 per day) 14 actually had
engine information, you remember that stuff don't you, things that someone
may actually need to know) That was your "Engine Colors" thread. Which was
way good since there are things like "Yellow" Economies out there now. ( by
the way what's a good spelling of the sound someone makes when puking their
guts up?)

4 were in regard to the SEL decals, a worthy effort but hardly the stuff of
a GEM column.

6 were what I think of as "Hearts and Flowers" (Get Well Fast Charley !),
once again worthy but not much use to a writer.

36 were on topic, in that they spoke of engine related things like belt
dressing and winter engine fun, but long before they could produce something
useful, they degenerated in "Stand Up Comedy" or at least a chance to show
how witty someone can be while wasting their bosses time reading the list.

A good number of these last 36 were also used to thank Helen and to further
this discussion, but as I look at what has been written since I started this
tally, I find that this subject also is just too good to keep it straight,
YUK YUK YUK !

Ted Brookover
4801 E. Red Bridge Rd.
Kansas City, Missouri, 64137