[SEL] identity theft attempt from fake PayPal

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Tue Feb 8 19:09:37 PST 2005

> Look up the real email address for PayPal on eBay, Alta Vista, Dogpile,
> Yahoo, etc., and forward it to the real PayPal fraud address so they
> can catch these thieving bastards!

The proper address, which I forward those things to several times a
week, is:
spoof at paypal.com

When you think an E-mail may be spam or phishbait, disconnect from the
Internet before you open and read it. (If you must read it.) They
always contain HTML code that reports back to their server that the
message has been opened, making you a "live one" and much more valuable
to the sellers of address lists.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA