[SEL] Belt Dressing

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Mon Feb 7 10:07:54 PST 2005

> when exceeding the permissible HP the calculations/charts show. That
> statement will likely stir up some debate, but I've found that by
> following these belt HP transmission guidelines, I've never
> had to use belt dressing.

Here's the belt info:
http://engines.rustyiron.com/rig/belting.html

Another possibility is to slow down the B as far as you can.  Horsepower is
directly related to speed.  Slow the grinder down and it's horsepower
requirements will go down accordingly.

That is assuming a feed rate proportional to SPEED.  If the feed rate is related
to TIME, then you'll be requiring a greater load, and there will be too many
variables to predict what will happen.

But as long as we're talking about feed rate, why not just feed the grain in at
a slower rate so there is less load on the belt and it will not be as prone to
slippage?

Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
mailto:rskinner at rustyiron.com