[SEL] Upright Steam Engine on eBay (#3871782941)

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Feb 4 21:35:45 PST 2005

The description is amusing if nothing else.

Upright Steam engine hit & miss flywheel governor
Item number: 3871782941

Seller: motosicky(333)
Current bid: US $305.00
Time left: 7 days 18 hours
10-day listing
Ends Feb-12-0515:32:04 PST

Summary
 STEAM POWER!  #153-ON TOP OF CYLINDER AND ALSO ON STEAM
CHEST?,PATENT DATES ON GOV.1907,PATENT DATE ON OILER 1919. approx. 44"
tall to the cylinder top, 20" flywheel. Gardner governor turns stiffly ,
appears to have been repaired on side but may be the way it was manufactured~
your call! crosshead is grease covered and complete.flywheel is not broken,
injector works fine and sights are good as well as the crank. will be bolted to
a pallet for shipper of choice -shipping full responsibility of buyer. we will
load with forklift ,governor and injector will be shipped separately to keep
damage down. approx. weight 500lbs. maybe more. pick up must be pre -arranged
so we can prepare item. thanks. ANY QUESTIONS ? ASK!!On Feb-03-05 at 04:42:25
PST, seller added the following information: serial number on gov. best i
can see- 291883On Feb-03-05 at 05:07:50 PST, seller added the following
information: tried to delete a date listed on governor-CORRECT DATE IS:
PAT'D 1-22-07  . On Feb-03-05 at 06:44:45 PST, seller added the
following information: zip is 43948 ohio, we do have a forklift. payment
will be made in FULL . cashiers checks require a 3 day hold.On Feb-03-05 at
09:26:21 PST, seller added the following information: auction will end
early if no interest .On Feb-03-05 at 12:55:11 PST, seller added the following
information: this definately belongs in a restaurant or turn of the
century barn-museum collection. highly unusual piece for the discriminating
Professional Engineer /Architect or person that thinks they have it all!
we can also restore this(we can conceal a electric motor to power ) ,
blast/ rework,paint /plate to your specs! this is rare american foundry cast
equipment that will only be found in private collections and books. this most
likely powered a small work shop or mill at one time.Even the lady of the house
can use this in her garden! indoors or out. keep buying foreign junk-thats
something from our heritage to leave in the estate? jobs lost!On Feb-03-05 at
18:48:25 PST, seller added the following information: item does NOT
have to be moved immediately. its in the back of the machine shop out of the
way. we hold for a reasonable amount of time(90 days) with full payment .or
until you figure out how to tell the misses that you just happened to get a
good deal on this and kinda almost forgot about it and decided to take her with
you up to Niagra Falls for a rekindled honeymoon and just have to take a slight
detour to fetch a small motor for your good ole buddy and then you 'll be on
your way-(only about 4 hrs. away!) course you also could go by that
Famous basket factory and even see all the flea markets and amish people
... c'mon you aint even lying ,thats the best part!