[SEL] Flywheel dangers

Skip Cleveland OCLEVELAND at cfl.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 05:30:27 PST 2005

Maybe we have stumbled onto something here John. I have been using 70 wt.
oil in the oiler since I had The "M" as a result it has so much compression
that I can hang out on the flywheel rims all day and it won't go over
compression. At the same time the thing bounces back and forth against
compression when shut down as if it were on ball bearings. It does run with
a sharp exaust sound and doesn't foul its silvery plated Champion plug ever.
Not even close. Maybe some of these "eight strokers" need some ring
attention or just the heavy cylinder oil that they recomended, especially
since running kerosene as they were intended has suddnly come in to vogue.
Skip