[SEL] Hot bulb/hot tube (3rd try)

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Dec 30 22:47:18 PST 2005

2nd try ---<Delivery failed 15 attempts: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
3rd try <Delivery failed 15 attempts: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
SMTP connection failed

Hi All,
         I hope you all had a good Christmas.
         Some months back there was a discussing regarding the how the
length of a hot tube affects the  timing of an engine. I think it was for a
Fairbanks and that the shorter the tube the more advanced the timing is and
the longer the tube the more retarded the timing is. It had to do with the
amount of "gas" that had to be compressed.
         Unfortunately in changing eMail programmes I lost this discussion.
         Can anyone explain it to me again or point me to a webpage that
describes the principle (in laymans language).
         Also - Does the description "Hot bulb" or "Hot tube" mean the same
thing or are they different animals.
         Thanks in advance.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---