[SEL] Re: Unearthing a Horde of Engines

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Dec 29 20:49:14 PST 2005

Hi Jim,

A provocative statement fer sure.  Is this "unearthing" as in a bunch of old
iron buried and rusting away?  Or is it a dump site for modern aluminum Briggs
& Strattons?

Is it one or more of the collectors who started in the hobby in the 50's and
60's (when you could buy a running IHC "M" or Hercules or other for $25) and
who now has a barn full of hundreds of engines?  In this case, those engines
will most likely enter "circulation" at an auction when the old gent pops his
clogs and the widow dumps the horde.

Talk to us Jim.  We need more info before we can get breathless and excited.

Quoting James Moran <jrmoraninc at yahoo.com>:

> JC...I have a  sneaking suspicion that, if I put my mind (and body) to it, I
> could  unearth hundreds of engines within (let's just say) a fifty mile
> radius  of my home.  Should I bother with such an exercise or is it just
> better to let these sleeping dogs lie?  Seriously...what do you  feel?

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com