[SEL] Cracked main bearing cap

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Mon Dec 26 17:46:03 PST 2005

Rex,

I could make a new bearing cap casting for you if you would like.  I would
certainly feel safer with a good solid part instead of a welded repair, and
I'm not saying that because I'm trying to drum up business.  I did a pair of
bearing caps for Rick Strobel in Montana and you can ask him how they worked
out and what you'll have to do to put the babbitt lining in the new cap.
Contact me offlist if you're interested.  All I would ned would be the old
cap as a pattern.

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Works
Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
and nonferrous castings
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799