[SEL] eBay Seller

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 15:15:50 PST 2005

On 12/24/05, James Moran <jrmoraninc at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I realize this is a whacky question, especially on Christmas Eve.  However.....
>   do (any or all) of you small engine experts have any data as to the  "efficiency" of various stationary engines.  This is not idle  curiousity...I do have a reason for wishing to know this.
>   JM

Depends on the type of engine, Jim, and the governing, fuel etc etc.

Diesels are usually at the top of the tree, with gas hit and miss at
the bottom, depending on the governor type.

The other consideration is where on the power curve you measure
efficiency. Some engines exhibit a curious power/consumption curve
that improves towards full power.

Peter (outside some very nice Advocaat....)
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com
Web: www.oldengine.org/members/diesel