[SEL] To the member that posted the pic from eBay and member pic

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Dec 24 13:07:51 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyle Myles" <lyle45859 at earthlink.net>
To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:10 AM
Subject: [SEL] To the member that posted the pic from eBay and member
pic

> To the member who posted the web address for eBay and the members pic
of the
> engine that is being sold on eBay. Would you please post it again
because I
> want to download both pic and compare them side by side to see if they
are
> in fact the same pic? Not taking sides with anyone on this matter but
from
> what I can see the only place to take a pic of this engine is were the
> person is standing. I have some tools that may help the members to
know if
> it is a new pic for sale or a pirate pic for sale.
>
> McGuffey, Ohio/ N.W. corner of Ohio near Lima, Ohio, United States of
> America, North American Continent with my cats sitting under my office
> chair.
> . May the Lord be with each and every one this joyous day.
>
> Lyle DeWitt Myles lyle45859 at earthlink.net

Lyle,
 They are exactly the same picture, right down to the reflections in the
engine and on the walls around it, if you make it a transparent layer
and put it over the original it lines up perfect.  The ONLY way the ebay
crook got that picture was IF he had his camera in the EXACT same spot
at the exact same time as our member. And there is NO way that happened.
That engine is open on that side. The fence you see only runs in front
of the display. It is (and many others he is selling as well) a blatant
rip off.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2003Rollag/Engines/18.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7574745491

Steve W.