[SEL] Thank to each and every one of you that took time to read my post

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Dec 23 11:05:43 PST 2005

At 12:00 PM 23/12/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Message: 11
>Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:36:37 -0500
>From: "Lyle Myles" <lyle45859 at earthlink.net>
>Subject:Thank to each and every one of you that took time to read my post
>
>Lyle DeWitt Myles
>
>To all list members
>I have only been subscribed to this membership for about three weeks. I
>thought it was about old iron, engines and members sharing information,
>pictures, and where to find parts. I think
>I have only seen a few articles on engines and a lot of things on airplanes,
>mining, gun control, and laws for the United States and Down Under.

>Hi Lyle,
         Welcome to one of the best lists around (I'm also new in that I've
only been here for 2 years).
You have just been unlucky to have joined when there has been a lot of "Off
Topic" stuff around. Hang in there - "Cabin Fever" does not last forever (I
think).
         This list is a worldwide circle of friends involved in the old
engine hobby (sometimes correctly described as "old engine insanity") and
you will make plenty of new friends, read lots of stuff about engines and
get all the help and information you need from these people.
         Many of these members have websites full of information and
pictures and you can get to most of them by going to
<www.oldengine.org/members>
and following the links from there. Other members have websites elsewhere
and you will pick these up as you go along.
         Hang in there - any day now someone will actually post something
about engines :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---