[SEL] Re: Indoor Engine Shows

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Dec 22 09:34:01 PST 2005

Hi Tom,

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 mullt at att.net wrote:

> Here in the Midwest (Missouri) it is too cold for any engine shows,
> unlike in Florida. Has anyone ever heard of and indoor show in a heated
> building? That would go a long way to curing my cabin fever.
>
> Tom in St. Louis

Too cold is just a state of mind.

I was invited to participate in a winter-time engine show indoors at one
of the local shopping malls.  They wouldn't allow us to run the engines
and were really hyper about oil drips.  All in all not nearly as much fun
as it could have been.

I think there was a piece in GEM years ago about an engine show in
Fairbanks Alaska in the dead of winter that was held in a huge quonsett
hut type building.  They did run the engines and it was very successful.

There are a couple of shows here in Pencilbonya that are held outdoors in
the winter even in the snow.

Then there's the SEL New Year's Eve World-Wide Crank-Up.  The idea is to
bring in the New Year by running engines; first in Austraila, then Europe,
then the east coast, finishing up in Kalifornia.  LOTS of fun!!

So what are folks planning on running for the New Year's Eve World-Wide
Crank-Up?  In my case, it will be the engines nearest the door; the
Tulip-Top Bamford and Fat Bastard, the 7 hp Crossley.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com