[SEL] Re: SEL Digest, Vol 21, Issue 14

Jim marshallman at iprimus.com.au
Mon Dec 19 18:12:09 PST 2005

Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:28:26 -0500
From: "Steve W." <falcon at telenet.net>

Bill,
 HTML is a computer language that allows you to insert colors, different
typefaces, clipart and many other items into your E-mail (it's primary
use is to write web content). The problem is that even though it looks
fine and dandy it creates a HUGE file that folks have to download. It
also creates a jumble of extra crap that you have to dig through to find
the actual message. Many folks who have high speed connections love it.
They forget that many folks do not have high speed and have slow
dial-ups and some pay per kilobyte to download their mail.

Well, I for one knew NOTHING of this.

A great heads up ..... Changed the browser accordingly ...... No wonder my
dialup friends were angry!!!

Jim
(From The Wide Brown Land Down Under)
marshallman at iprimus.com.au
8^)

I try to comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable!