[SEL] Cushman Cub Status

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 21:25:10 PST 2005

Hi List,
Well, I got my Christmas present a little ahead of time this  year.  The
Cushman, I picked up last week end, is now running.  I have  to thank Bert (my
local magneto repairman) and Ron Haskell.    Bert let me borrow his Wico EK
factory service manual to copy.  Ron  explained how to retard the spark for
starting.  The Wico was disassembled  to clean the points and to install a new
condenser (.10 mfd @ 600 volts -  mylar).  The Wico now produces a nice blue spark.
However, I still  need to install lubricating strips (felts) on the upper and
lower  surfaces of the moving point deck.
In addition, the fuel tank was a mess and had to be cleaned.   Question - is
there a check valve in the fuel pickup tube?  If so, where is  it located?

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA