[SEL] famous

edd payne edsingns at winsoft.net.au
Thu Dec 15 04:16:41 PST 2005

Hi Russel.Not sure that the hopper cooled and air cooled Famous engines have
a speed control.What they do have is a lever that is for the ign timing
which is on a quadrant.My engine has the quadrant but not the lever.So maybe
when I get my engine and see what is needed we can work it out.Now about the
muffler the on a 3hp is different entirely to a 2hp.The 2hp has a flat
pancake type muffler and the 3 hp has a muffler the same as a 3hp tank
cooled vertical.I discovered this by doing a search in my many parts books
and it shows it to be so.Now I have a spare original 3hp muffler so one down
two to go.
EDD PAYNE
PO BOX 364 GULGONG
New South Wales  AUSTRALIA 2852