[SEL] Pictures and engines

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Dec 15 02:43:09 PST 2005

Hi The Lists,
         I wrote about pictures and editing them for web or eMail (Re:
Norman pics  (Addition))
towards the end of last week but then my telephone went down and I could
not log on to get mail and I also went away for 2 days. I've just got back
and have not even had time to check all my mail yet. If there are any posts
that need answers I will do so in the next day as soon as all is back to
normal.

         I had a very successful trip with 2 friends down to the Karoo (a
semi desert sheep farming area in central South Africa.) A Wolseley R type
(from the mid 1920's) that I have spoken to a few of you about followed me
home as well as an aircooled Petter genset (of military origin). Pics will
follow soon.
         All in all we came back with the Wolseley and Petter, a Ruston &
Hornsby size 2, about 5 other Petters (including a very early
aircooled  twin cylinder horizontal , one Benford top (bogtop) and a few
others), a Fairbanks 6HP, a Bamford, a Massey Harris/Cushman Cub, a Lister
A, and 2 Alco gensets (also of military origin) plus a lot of other
"goodies". What I would call a good haul.

Best Regards
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---