[SEL] OT...Cold Calls....telephone problems

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 05:55:31 PST 2005

We suffer in a similar fashion and Bill is correct...there ain't much you can do but swear and hang up.
  A lot of this intrusion originates in India. The companies train their indiginous people to speak in an "American" dialect.
  JM

bill at antique-engines.com wrote:  Here I'd use caller ID and if they don't let their ID come through, I'd
not answer it.

It's a major problem and the "do not call" lists don't work worth a hoot
either as the caller say "it's their right to free speech to be able to
call anyone for any reason". One time the fellow argued and said "I'm not
soliciting or selling anything, we are just offering these great deals".
What a moron.

And as far as their "right" to call me - BUNK - to me it's like
trespassing if I don't want them on my line.

Automated calls are supposed to be illegal in Iowa, but they come anyway.
Those are the ones where there never is a real person, a computer calls
and when it detects a pickup, it plays a message. Even the political
parties use those here.
You have a heck of a time catching them or tracing them and they know it.

Bill
Runnells, Iowa